Published on: 16 May 2023
Following approval at Council on 20 April 2023, a number of amendments have been made to British Marine’s Rules and Code of Practice.
In particular, the following changes have been made:
Amending sector specific requirements for:
- Boat Brokers and retailers
- Bringing in a new additional requirement for high-speed passenger boat operators to comply with the Passenger Safety On Small Commercial High Speed Craft and Experience Rides – Voluntary Code of Practice.
- Changes to our Direct Debit payment terms
- Ensuring members who do not sign the declaration agreeing to adhere to the Rules and Code of Practice by default, do so on payment of their annual subscriptions.
- Broadening the scope and definition of “International Member” to include any eligible entity operating outside of the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
British Marine members can find the full and updated Rules and Code of Practice here.