Published on: 04 January 2023
Covering EU regulations and current and upcoming environmental legislation, consultations and trends
Two new quarterly reports from LOGOS (Q4 reports from 2022) are available for British Marine members to download:
ICOMIA LOGOS report December 2022
This report contains the latest quarterly report on EU regulations affecting the marine industry at a global level. The report includes an analysis of recent policy developments, political debates, decisions and positions of relevant stakeholders as well as strategic analysis.
Included in the report are key updates/highlights since the last reports on the following:
- Ship Recycling Regulation (SSR)
- Industrial Emissions Directive (IED)
- Water Framework Directive including the following; Groundwater Directive and Bathing Water Directive
- EU Emission Trading System (ETS)
- Waste framework directive
- EU Timber Regulation
- Trade Issues including agreements with Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, MERCOSUR and the USA, and Brexit.
This report looks specifically at the environmental regulations, policy developments and political debates.
Included in the report are key updates/highlights since the March reports on the following:
- Cyber Resilience Act (CRA) proposal
- Battery Regulation Proposal
- Ecodesign Regulation Proposal
- REACH Regulation and Chemical legislation
- Alternative Fuel Infrastructure Regulation (AFIR Proposal
- FuelEU Maritime Regulation Proposal
- Machinery Regulation Proposal
- Non-Road Mobile Machinery (NRMM) Regulation
- EU Ocean governance
- European Parliament Intergroups
These documents can be downloaded by British Marine members from the publications section of the British Marine website found here.