Published on: 25 January 2024
Oyster showcased the highly-popular Oyster 565 at boot Düsseldorf from 20-28 January 2024. This thoroughbred, British, luxury sub 60-foot bluewater sailing yacht has already proven to be an extremely popular model.
The Oyster 565 at the show was hull number 16, and featured a distinctive walnut interior – the first time this choice of bespoke interior design has ever been displayed at boot Düsseldorf.
Also revealed at boot Düsseldorf was the new Oyster 565 Series II with its evolved iconic Oyster styling. Updates include larger hull ports and seascape windows, which transform the exterior image and fill the saloon and cabins with additional light. The redesigned companionway and saloon steps offer additional space, safety, and accessibility, whilst also increasing the overall living space in the saloon. Furthermore, the contemporary interior styling with exquisite fabrics and quality materials adds the finishing touch to the luxurious and elegant entertainment spaces.
The new Oyster 565 Series II is fully connected and features Oyster’s next generation black box technology and integrated onboard systems, enabling real-time status and control through the Oyster App.
boot Düsseldorf also offered the first opportunity to learn about Oyster’s extensive range of new service offerings to enhance the Oyster ownership experience, from new generation technical innovation and a global service network through to peace of mind in the optional five-year warranty.
Key features include:
- A two-year manufacturer’s warranty, which can be extended by up to five years when yachts are serviced by an approved Oyster Service Centre through Oyster’s approved global service network. This now features authorised Service Centres located in the Pacific, Atlantic, Caribbean, Mediterranean and the English Channel.
- A new ‘black box system’, which provides real-time data through the owner’s Oyster App. The subscription for the App and black box connectivity is included within the initial two-year manufacturer’s warranty. This system allows tracking of the vessel’s movements and service history, with all records and more, accessible to owners through the Oyster App.
- New Oyster Owner App with real-time remote access enabling owners to manage onboard status, systems and movements. The App also maintains the yacht’s service history and tracks warranty status. Through the App, owners can access Oyster’s global service network, view videos and support material, contact and liaise with the Oyster Customer Care team and connect to the Oyster family and community.
- Extended warranty for years 3, 4 and 5 for Oyster yachts which have been maintained within Oyster’s service schedule.
- Oyster Approved Brokerage Programme for Oyster yachts with a complete Oyster service history, which enables owners to realise premium prices at resale, and high market demand for Oyster yachts with a full-service history.
Ashley Highfield, CEO, Oyster Yachts says: “This extensive new range of service offerings is a first for the yachting industry. No other boat builder can offer its owners such a high level of after-sales care and support from the moment a yacht is delivered to the owner. This range of expanded services clearly demonstrate that we do not just build beautiful bluewater sailing yachts, but that we put our customers at the heart of our business and support them throughout their lifetime of adventures, whilst continuing to innovate and evolve what inspires them; our fleet.”
Oyster World Rally
On the stand at boot Düsseldorf, Oyster hosted regular illustrated talks about the Oyster World Rally. The only fully supported and exclusive circumnavigation of the world, the 16-month Oyster World Rally 2024-25 set off from Antigua on 14th January. There are 22 Oyster yachts taking part, of which five are the Oyster 565, illustrating the popularity of this size yacht for long distance bluewater sailing and cruising.
Allie Smith, Director, Oyster World Rally, says: “The international audience at boot Düsseldorf offered the perfect opportunity to showcase the highly-popular Oyster World Rally, with the next Rally scheduled for January 2026. The talks provided full details on how the event is organised, the full concierge support available from Oyster Yachts, the pre-planning and preparation involved, and – most importantly – the timelines required to secure a new or pre-loved Oyster yacht in time to enter the next Oyster World Rally event, departing Antigua in January 2026.